Sunday, April 1, 2012

Our Paleo Journey

My partner and I have decided to try to bring a paleo style diet into our house. Meat, fish, fruits, vegetables and nut (healthy natural fats). No processed foods no grains, and definitely no sugar (accept the natural sugar in fruit).

To make it more manageable, we have decided to wiggle our way in, allowing for the occasional cheat. Mine will be Muscle Milk and Carol’s will be yogurt. These are both healthy non-paleo foods that will help us with our busy schedules.

We started this weekend with our purchases. At the farmers market we got spinach leaves, mushrooms, and eggs. At the store we bought bananas, strawberries, salmon, and lemons. And for my Chicken Cacciatora crock pot recipe, I got chicken, green, red and yellow peppers, onion, celery, and garlic. We had a few items at home already.

My plan is to make chicken or tuna salad today for the week and eat on our crock pot dish. The hardest thing for me will be not eating sugar. I will keep everyone updated on our journey. It won’t be perfect, but our hope is to be healthy and happy.

If you are interested in joining us on this journey, let me know. I love swapping recipes.

Enjoy Life – Workout!

Mandy

No comments:

Post a Comment