Sunday, May 15, 2011

Two Week Paleo Challenge!

Tomorrow I start my Paleo Diet challenge. I have been dabbling in this for a few weeks, but never took the full dive. My biggest issue was not taking enough food with me for the day. When you aren’t eating processed foods, it’s surprising (in a good way) how much more food you can eat. This diet is not about portions. It is very difficult to overeat on meat, veggies and fruits. If you are up for the challenge, I invite you to join along and comment on your progress.

Two weeks is just the beginning for me. However, this will give me a good idea about how my body responds to the diet. I will be keeping an eye on my energy level, hunger level, strength, physical performance and overall mood. This is also a good diet for anyone trying to lose weight.

Below is a basic overview. For more information please read The Paleo Diet, by Dr. Loren Cordain. Or visit www.thepaleodiet.com or www.robbwolf.com.

Here are the basics

DO EAT:

  • Meat (fish, eggs)
  • Fruit
  • Vegetables
  • Nuts

DON’T EAT

  • Dairy
  • Grains or Corn
  • Legumes
  • Starchy Vegetables
  • Sugar (refined)

GO EASY ON

Beer
  • Wine
  • Liquor
  • Salt
  • Artificial Sweetener




No comments:

Post a Comment